Windows Package Manager or also known as wings recently got a new version 1.3.1681 RC or Release Candidate, where in this version users can install portable applications directly.
Se[meaningexplainedin[ertiyangdijelaskandalamgithub issues 182, new features in wings This will allow users to install portable applications directly with Winget, where according to the description, installed portable applications will be extracted and stored in Program Files then it will create a shim redirection from program and added directory to PATH.
Well here is the changelog of Windows Package Manager 1.3.1681:
- Support for installation of portable/standalone apps
- Add a notes/info field to manifests
- Add an optional URL to Expected Return Codes
- Manifest Field for User Manual / Documentation
- Add alternative version number field to manifest to make correlation with entries in Add/Remove programs more reliable
- Setting for always using verbose logs
- winget –info should print the system architecture
- An even better progress bar
For those of you who want to try this new version, especially for you active users wings you can already get this new version via page github following.
A little information that there are a number of known issues in this version, which includes:
- Searching for dotnet package
- Allow winget to install MS Store packages without account just like the MS Store
- –include-unknown not functioning as expected
- Includes a fix for an App Installer bug that was causing crashes due to null pointer reads
Via : GitHub