In accordance with Microsoft’s weekly schedule for Windows Insider Dev Channel users, this week they released a new update bringing Windows 11 Insider Build 25284, and of course in this update there are a number of new things in it.
First and foremost, in Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 25284, Microsoft is presenting a new Widget, which is also related to the release Windows App SDK 1.2which makes developers can create widgets for their applications.
Now with that, of course there will now be more Widgets that users can download and get, one of which is the Messenger Widget which is now available as previews.
Apart from that, there are a number of important improvements that are presented in this build, which include fixing problems with search on the taskbar which previously caused crashes if the user searches for something from windows search, other than that repair on context menu and others, all of which you can see in the changelog below:
- Fixed an issue where right clicking on certain icons in the hidden icons flyout would make the flyout dismiss rather than bringing up the context menu for that icon.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which was impacting some Insiders, related to the search box in the taskbar.
- When search suggestions are triggered while using the Pinyin IME, the keyboard focus will now stay on the current candidate. To move focus to the search suggestions, press Tab.
- Fixed an issue for PCs with touch, where when using certain apps in full screen mode it wasn’t possible to swipe down from the top of the screen to make the title bar appear.
- Fixed an issue which was causing certain apps to hang or crash when saving files as PDF in the last few builds.
- Fixed an issue where using the cast option in an app may unexpectedly not show any devices in recent builds.
Meanwhile, there are new known issues, which are as described on the page the following Microsoft forumsInsider users may encounter problems accessing the website and other accesses with VPN access.
Apart from that, there are other known issues related to Widgets, where third party widgets will likely suddenly disappear from board widgetsthen third party widgets it could also be unpinned automatically if the user is logged in with a Microsoft account on multiple devices.
Now for you Windows Insider Dev Channel users, you can get this build via the page Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates, then please download it Windows 11 Insider Build 25284 available there.