As we already know, that there are two versions of Windows 11 Beta Channel, where there are builds 22621 and 22622, for Build 22621 itself reportedly will be a build that will be present on the stable channel in September, but of course it’s still just a rumor.
Also Read: Microsoft Releases Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 25188
Now in both builds, today there is a new update that is presented, where the update that is presented is KB5016701, and will change the OS build to 22621,586 and 22622,586.
Let’s discuss more about build 22622,586, because in this build there are more improvements that are presented.
One of the fixes in this Build is the problem title bar in file explorer which was not draggable in previous builds, this issue was pretty much reported by Insiders on the Feedback Hub and luckily has now been fixed.
Also Read: Did you know, there is a new icon animation on the Windows 11 Build 25188 Settings page
Apart from that there are a number of other fixes including fixing the DWM issue that keeps on crash repair SQL Server Management Studio which always fails to open, and a number of other problems with File Explorer. For full details, you can see the following changelog.
- We fixed an issue causing DWM crashes (leading to black flashes or content stuck on the screen) for Insiders on 22622,575.
- We fixed an issue causing SQL Server Management Studio to fail to launch for some Insiders.
- Fixed an issue causing the left-half of the File Explorer title bar to not be draggable via mouse or touch for some Insiders.
- Selecting multiple folders and then using the context menu option to open them in a new tab will now actually do that, rather than opening the first folder in a new tab and all the others in a new window.
- We fixed an issue causing Home, Documents, Pictures, and potentially other folders to become unexpectedly duplicated in File Explorer’s navigation pane or appear on the desktop.
- We fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when closing a newly opened File Explorer window.
- We fixed an issue where the search box background in File Explorer might be the opposite color of your current mode (for example dark in light mode).
- Fixed an issue where File Explorer would appear to open, close, and re-open before it finished drawing after being launched from certain places (for example when opening the location of a downloaded file from Microsoft Edge).
- Fixed an issue which could lead to explorer.exe crashing when File Explorer was closed.
- The up arrow should no longer be misaligned in File Explorer.
- • Removed the toolbar some people were unexpectedly seeing (with View / Edit / etc.) after the introduction of tabs in File Explorer. As part of this, the “always show menus” option in Folder Options was also removed which didn’t do anything.
- Fixed an underlying explorer.exe crash which could happen when File Explorer launch was aborted, for example if you were trying to access a network share from the Run dialog, were prompted for credentials, and then clicked cancel instead of entering them.
- Fixed an issue causing the delete key to unexpectedly not work on files in File Explorer sometimes.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to not being able to unpin Desktop, Pictures, or Documents folders from Quick access.
- Fixed an issue when dragging and dropping a folder to pin it to the navigation pane, that the line indicating where it would be inserted didn’t have enough contrast in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue where the min / max / close button might not be visible in File Explorer when using a contrast theme.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to the taskbar overflow flyout unexpectedly appearing on the opposite side of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the taskbar overflow flyout might appear floating away from the taskbar if you opened it after a display scaling change.
- Fixed an issue where if you right clicked an app in the taskbar and selected Close all windows, it wasn’t bringing the app into the foreground anymore if it needed attention before closing (for example, if you hadn’t saved the contents of a Notepad windows).
- Fixed an issue where explorer.exe might crash if you attempted to rearrange app icons on the taskbar while the taskbar overflow was open.
- Fixed an issue for Insiders with at least two monitors, where if the monitors had different DPI, the taskbar overflow could appear before it was needed or end up overlapped with the date and time on the secondary monitor.
- Fixed a Settings crash that could happen when uninstalling certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where the buttons for changing current view in Settings > Apps > Installed apps might unexpectedly show arrows overlaid on top.
- Fixed an issue where when Suggested Actions was enabled, if you copied multiple items in a row to your clipboard history, some of the items might not display after you pressed WIN + V.
- Your preferred state for the Suggested Actions setting under System > Clipboard should persist upgrade going forward from this build.
HOT : Microsoft Begins Testing Ads on Microsoft Store
Well in the meantime, there are some improvements that are presented for both Build 22621,586 and 22622,586, which are:
- We fixed an issue where some Lenovo devices were not receiving updates as expected.
- We fixed an issue causing domain credentials to not work for some Insiders on the previous Beta Channel flight.
- We fixed an issue where the “Sync across your devices” option under Settings > System > Clipboard wouldn’t stay enabled.
- We fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Defender Application Guard (MDAG). It delays or stops MDAG from opening.
- We fixed an issue that forces the IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- We fixed an issue that affects open in IE mode.
- We fixed an issue that successfully opens a browser window in IE mode to display a PDF file. Later, browsing to another IE mode site within the same window fails. 40411607
- We fixed an issue that might bypass MSHTML and ActiveX rules for Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
- We fixed an issue that affects the SharedPC account manager. The issue stops it from deleting many accounts during cleanup.
- We fixed an issue that affects a network’s static IP. The issue causes the configuration of the static IP to be inconsistent. Because of this, NetworkAdapterConfiguration() fails sporadically.
- We fixed an issue that affects the FindNextFileNameW() It might leak memory.
That’s a lot, isn’t it?, so for you Windows Insider Beta Channel users, just update your Windows 11 build through the page Settings > Windows Updates > Check for Updates.
For those of you who are still using Build 22621 and want to update to Build 22622, the option to switch builds is in Windows Updates, so please select it manually.
Via : Microsoft
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown