Apart from presenting Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 25211 for Insider Dev Channel users, Microsoft is also presenting a new build for Windows Insider Beta users, namely Build 22621,730 and 22623,730 via updates KB5017385.
Now before we discuss further, you may realize that Build 22622 has now been changed to 22623, this is because next month, possibility build 22622 will already be released to Windows 11 22H2 via Moment Update, while in Build 22623 itself, it’s basically still the same as 22622, namely all new features that are presented will be activated by default without the user having to activate it using ViveTool as usual.
Also Read: How to Enable Taskbar Overflow in Windows 11 2022 Update
What Features Are Present in Build 22623,730
The first one is Tablet-optimized taskbarwhere as we know, this feature was introduced by Microsoft in the Windows 11 Insider Build 22653 but it was removed again in Build 22610 on the grounds that Microsoft wanted to improve the feature. With this feature, the Taskbar view will be separated into two different options when entering tablet mode.
While the second, there System Tray Updates, where the user will not be able to change or rearrange the appearance of the System Tray by drag and drop as usual, but the user asks for user feedback about this.
“This update introduces updates to the System Tray that affect all device types — not just 2-in-1 devices. With this change, users will see a rounded focus and hover treatment on all icons in the lower right due to the continued modernization of this experience. You may also notice that it is not possible to drag and drop or rearrange your system tray icons with this change. We heard your feedback on this change earlier this year and are working to address this in a future Insider Preview build.”
What Improvements Come in Build 22623,730
There are many, one of which is the improvement in File Explorer, where the Home page will now search for more recently opened Microsoft 365 cloud files for users who have signed to their Microsoft account.
Besides that, File Explorer Search will also display search results after you type something there, without having to click enter first.
Other Improvements in Build 22623,730
- The taskbar should no longer flash because of changes in the system tray in non-tablet-optimized scenarios.
- Fixed an issue that was causing parts of the taskbar or its icons like search to get stuck in the wrong theme’s colors when switching between light and dark themes.
- Date and time should no longer get stuck cutting off on the side of the screen from system tray changes.
- Fixed an issue which was causing Start menu crashes for some Insiders.
- Fixed an issue where the Start menu recommended section might unexpectedly show one column instead of two.
- If you change the app associated with a particular file type, the icon for any of those file type displayed should now update in the recommended section.
Other Improvements in Build 22621,730 & 22623,730
- We fixed an issue that affects some processors. This issue occurs when you turn on Hyper-V and kernel Direct Memory Access (DMA) protections.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Japanese input method editor (IME). Text reconversion fails when you use some third-party virtual desktops.
- We fixed an issue that might cause an application to stop responding. This might occur when the input queue overflows.
- We fixed an issue that stops you from signing in to various Microsoft Office 365 apps. This affects Outlook, Word, Teams, and so on.
- We fixed an issue that affects graphics drivers that use d3d9on12.dll.
- We fixed issues that cause updates to the Microsoft Store to fail.
- We fixed an issue that affects the LanmanWorkstation service. It leaks memory when you mount a network drive.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Miracast UI. Sometimes it closes too soon when you cast to devices that use the DeviceObjectType:Aep.
- We fixed an issue that affects Task Manager. It stops working when you switch between light and dark mode or change the accent color.
- We fixed an issue that affects the font of three Chinese characters. When you format these characters as bold, the width size is wrong.
- We fixed an issue that affects input method editors (IME) from Microsoft and third parties. They stop working when you close the IME window. This occurs if the IME uses Windows Text Services Framework (TSF) 1.0.
- We fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Edge IE mode. It stops you from opening webpages. This occurs when you enable Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) and you do not configure Network Isolation policies.
- We fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Edge when it is in IE Mode. The titles of pop-up windows and tabs are wrong.
- We fixed an issue that stops the credential UI from displaying in IE mode.
- We fixed an issue that affects certificate mapping. When it fails, lsass.exe might stop working in schannel.dll.
Well, there are a lot, right?, go ahead, for you Windows Insider Beta Channel users, you can go directly to the page Settings > Windows Update > Check For Updates, Then please download the update KB5017385 available there.
Via : Microsoft
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown