credit history BI examination or SLIK is one of the factors that banks will consider in the approval of loans to customers. Of course, banks don’t want loans to customers with bad credit history. whether due to late payment or even failed to pay off credit debt.
The better the credit history Customers will then accept loans in the form of credit cards, mortgages or other loans. only easier Therefore, you should check your credit history before applying for a loan with a bank. Here’s how to check your credit history online and tips for cleaning it up:
How to check your credit history online
Here are the steps to check your credit history online:
- prepare documents. Documents you will need to prepare are your Indonesian ID card. Passport for foreigners, NPWP, incorporation deed. and identification cards for business entities
- Go to the Consumer.ojk.go.id/minisitedplk/registrasi page.
- Select date and queue number.
- Fill out your personal information and upload the required documents.
- Enter the captcha and click submit.
- An approval and verification letter will be sent to your email.
- Wait for the results of the examination no later than H-2 before queuing.
- When the announcement is correct Please print out the form and sign the form.
- Check information to Whatsapp OJK. This whatsapp number is displayed on the form you received. In this step you will be asked to take a selfie with your KTP and re-upload the form you have completed and signed.
- After checking and passing OJK will deliver the Debtor Information Service Identification (iDEB) results. to you.
In addition to online You can also check your credit history by visiting the nearest OJK office.
Get to know Credit Scoring
When viewing iDEB results, you will see your credit score. This credit score plays an important role in determining the bank’s policy on whether to loan you or not. in indonesia This credit score is divided into five rankings:
- Score 1: Credit is smooth.. Debtor (borrower) pays bill of credit with interest every month until payment
- Score 2: In Special Interest (DPK). Customers will be recorded as not paying their bills for 1-90 days.
- Score 3: Bad credit Customers will be recorded as not paying their bills for 90-120 days.
- Score 4: Suspicious Credit. Customers will be recorded as not paying their bills for 120-180 days.
- Score 5: Bad Credit Customers will be recorded as non-payments for more than 180 days.
The higher the credit score you get. The harder you get a new loan.
Tips for cleaning credit debt
The credit score above is your overall credit score. This means lenders have access to credit scores. whether the bank Leasing Company or P2P Lending Points also include the different types of bank loans you take, from mortgages to credit card debt.
which means You cannot simply apply for a loan with Bank A and then do not pay and apply for the same loan with Bank B. The reason is that Bank A and Bank B have access to the same credit score information. So if you have outstanding balance at Bank A, it is likely that you will not have access to loans with Bank B and vice versa. So how do you clean or reduce this debt and credit score? Here are some tips:
1. Pay bills on time
The first tip is to pay your bills on time, and if you can, don’t pay the minimum amount on your bill. For example, the minimum bill you need to pay is IDR 2,450,000 per month, then pay IDR 2,500,000 or more. The goal is to be able to pay. your debt faster
with concept compound interest who currently works in an Indonesian bank The longer you pay off the debt The more interest you pay on the loan, the more. even in some cases The bank also charges additional interest for late payment of tickets. This problem can only be solved by paying the credit bill on time.
2. Use your credit card wisely.
As mentioned above Credit scores are widely used. including credit card Therefore, you should be in control of your spending from this source as best you can. The reason for this is that the ease of credit card payments often makes people forget to use them the most. Although the interest on a credit card is usually higher than a conventional loan.
3. Use the automatic debit feature
There are times when people do not have time to record their finances and come to the bank to pay off their debts. One of the solutions that banks offer to deal with customers in this way is to provide an automatic clearing feature.
with this feature Your credit installments are automatically repaid by deducting your savings every month. The advantage is that you don’t have to save the amount you pay and credit the installments with the bank. but the disadvantage is You can forget that you still have a credit bill. Unable to pay off loans that are larger than they should be and speeding up the repayment process
Paying loans using this system is somewhat more suitable for customers with fixed income (salary) and not for customers who earn daily wages. However, this feature can also be used to reduce the risk of increasing credit scores.
4. Apply for the convenience of making payments with the bank.
Often times, business conditions are not as expected. If your business is like this One way you can do this is to apply for a simple credit payment with your bank.
Ease of credit payments can take the form of three things: credit payment discount programs; Low Interest Loan Installment Program or a combination of both, of course, for this convenience. The reason for being late for or not paying the loan must be clear and supporting evidence.
Remember, after receiving this easy money, you need to be diligent in paying the bank loan until it is paid. After paying, don’t forget to ask for a debit card from the bank. This certificate is useful as proof that you have previously paid off your bank debt. And in case the bank forgets to clear your credit history in the system.
Banks, like any other person, do not want to borrow large sums of money to people with a bad repayment history. because anyway The sustainability of the banking business depends on the customer’s ability to pay off debt.