Following Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge which also brought the version 109 update, Firefox has the engine different from Chromium also released version 109 update for the users.
In Firefox 109, there are quite a lot of improvements presented, where one of them includes presence Manifest V3 support in Mozilla Firefox.
- Manifest Version 3 (MV3) extension support is now enabled by default (MV2 remains enabled/supported). This major update also ushers an exciting user interface change in the form of the new extensions button.
- The Arbitrary Code Guard exploit protection has been enabled in the media playback utility processes, improving security for Windows users.
- The native HTML date picker for date and datetime inputs can now be used with a keyboard alone, improving its accessibility for screen reader users. Users with limited mobility can also now use common keyboard shortcuts to navigate the calendar grid and month selection spinners.
- Firefox builds in the Spanish from Spain (es-ES) and Spanish from Argentina (es-AR) locales now come with a built-in dictionary for the Firefox spellchecker
Meanwhile, the theme colorways which was explained earlier, is now no longer effective, but users can download this theme separately via add on menu.
- Effective on January 16, Colorways will no longer be in Firefox. Users will still be able to access saved and active Colorways from the Add-ons and themes menu option.
- On macOS, Ctrl or Cmd + trackpad or mouse wheel now scrolls the page instead of zooming. This avoids accidental zooming and matches the behavior of other web browsers on macOS.
- The Recently Closed section of Firefox View now equips users with the ability to manually close/remove url links from the list.
- The empty state messages and graphic components surfaced in Firefox View for the Tab Pickup and Recently Closed sections have been updated for an improved user experience.
We discussed a little about the presence of Manifest V3 support, of course with this later Firefox can be more optimal to run extensions based on Manifest V3, meanwhile a number of developers are currently reported to have started migrating from Manifest V2 to Manifest V3 considering that support will be discontinued soon.
Now for you Firefox users, you can just update your browser to version 109, or you can download the Firefox Installer from the page following.
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown