After yesterday in addition to presenting updates for Windows Insider Release Preview and Dev Channel users, Microsoft also released a new update for Beta Channel users, where the update is KB5018499 which is as usual, divided into two separate parts between 22621 and 22623.
Now this update will also change the Build OS to 22621,870 and 22623,870, and not only that, there are a number of interesting things that are present in this update.
First and foremost, this update will bring a new right-click feature on the Taskbar, it’s just guys, this feature is not present for all insiders, at least for now, but you can try this trick to activate the feature.
Also Read: How to Enable New Right Click on Windows 11 Taskbar
Additionally for Windows 11 Build 22623, there is an improvement on tablet optimized taskbar where now the feature should be even better.
“Improved how touch gestures and their animations with the tablet-optimized taskbar work with the touch keyboard.” write Microsoft
In addition, there are several fixes and improvements for Windows 11 Build 22621 and 22623, which include:
- New! We added improvements to the Microsoft Account experience in Settings. For instance, you can manage your Microsoft One Drive subscription and related storage alerts.
- New! We added a new consent form for those of you enrolled in Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint. You have new choices for your biometric data. You can keep storing your biometric data or open Settings to delete the data if you have not used your face or fingerprint for authentication in over 365 days. You also have these options if you upgraded to Windows 11 and have not yet seen the new Hello Learn More Privacy text.
- New! We enhanced search visual treatments on the taskbar to improve discoverability. This is available to a small audience initially and deploys more broadly in the months that follow. Some devices might notice different visual treatments as we gather feedback. To learn more about why you might be seeing these changes, see Search for anything, anywhere.
- We updated DriverSiPolicy.p7b for the Windows kernel vulnerable driver blocklist. This update includes drivers that are vulnerable to Bring Your Own Vulnerable Driver (BYOVD) attacks.
- We extended original equipment manufacturer (OEM) control of Hypervisor-protected Code Integrity (HVCI) enforcement for targeted hardware configurations.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) Application Proxy connector. It cannot retrieve a Kerberos ticket on behalf of the user. The error message is, “The handle specified is invalid (0x80090301).”
- We fixed an issue that affects cached credentials for security keys and Fast Identity Online 2.0 (FIDO2) On hybrid domain-joined devices, the system removes these cached credentials.
- We fixed an issue that might cause vertical and horizontal line artifacts to appear on the screen.
- We fixed an issue that affects title bars when you use third-party tools to customize them. The title bars did not render. This update ensures that title bars render; however, we cannot guarantee all text customizations will work as before.
- We fixed an issue that might fail to sync the audio when you record game play using the Xbox Game Bar.
Now, guys, for you Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel users, you can already get this update through the page Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates, then please download and install the update (KB5018499) which is available there.
Via : Microsoft
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown