After yesterday releasing an update for Insider Dev Channel users, this time it’s the Insider Beta Channel user’s turn to get an update this week, where the update presented is the KB5020040 update which as usual will be available for Beta users using Builds 22621 and 22623.
Now with this update installed, the OS build will change to 22621,891 and 22623,891 according to what build you are using, and that’s not all, guys, there are a number of improvements that are also coming through this update, what are they? here we discuss.
Okay, the first and most interesting one is now search bar the Task Manager has been present in this build, where Build 22623 users can now search for processes easily by just typing the keyword.
In addition, Task Manager also gets better theme support, where users can now change the theme according to their wishes through the Task Manager settings page itself.
And it doesn’t stop there, these theme settings apply to almost all Task Manager components, including prompts run new task and others.
Besides, it’s still only for Build 22623 users, prompt efficiency mode will also show options Dont ask me again for those of you who don’t like to be disturbed prompt the.
Besides that, apart from the above features, are there any other improvements? of course guys, and here is the full changelog.
Windows 11 Insider Beta Build Special Fixes Build 22623
- When using the bottom right edge gesture to see Quick Settings, the taskbar should no longer get stuck in the expanded state (instead of dismissing to collapsed state).
- Fixed an issue causing the do not disturb icon to disappear while in do not disturb mode.
- The new show hidden icons flyout’s animation should now be consistent with other taskbar flyouts.
- The show hidden icons flyout background color should now align with your accent color if “Show accent color on Start and taskbar” is enabled in Settings > Personalization > Colors.
- Fixed multiple explorer.exe crashes impacting taskbar performance.
Fix For Windows 11 Insider Beta Build 22621 and 22623
- New! You can back up applicable settings to your Microsoft account. You can also sync these settings on any Windows device and in Microsoft Office.
- We fixed an issue that affected File Explorer. It failed to localize folders.
- We fixed an issue that affected the CopyFile functions. It might have sometimes returned error 317: ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND.
- We fixed an issue that affected the creation process. It failed to create security audits for it and other related audit events.
- We fixed an issue that affected printing in landscape mode in Microsoft Edge. The print output was incorrect. This issue occurred when you used Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
- We fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Defender when it was not the primary antivirus. Microsoft Defender failed to turn off passive mode. This issue occurred when you turn off Smart App Control (SAC).
- We added .wcx to the list of Dangerous Extensions that some app control policies do not allow.
- We fixed an issue that affected a computer account. Use of non-standard characters can stop the cleanup of the Out of Box Experience (OOBE) accounts.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Windows Firewall service. It did not start when you turned on the Override block rules option.
- We fixed an issue that might have affected applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might have stopped working.
So interesting isn’t it? although some of the features above are only active by default in Build 22623, you can also activate them by vivetool which the article will probably discuss WinPoin separately.
For those of you who want to get this update, you can just slide to the page Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates, then please download the update (KB5020040) which is available there.
Via : Microsoft
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown