In conjunction with Microsoft Releases Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 25281 and also Update KB5022363 For Windows 11 Insider BetaMicrosoft also doesn’t forget to present a new update for Windows Insider Release Preview users, where this update will bring Windows 11 Insider Release Preview to Build 22000.1516.
So, the update that is presented itself is update KB5019274 which, as previously said, with this update the OS Build will change to 22000.1516, and of course guys, there are a number of improvements that are presented, curious what are those? here is the changelog.
- New! This update combines Windows Spotlight with Themes on the Personalization page. This makes it easier for you to discover and turn on the Windows Spotlight feature.
- New! This update displays storage alerts for Microsoft OneDrive subscribers on the Systems page in the Settings app. The alerts appear when you are close to your storage limit. You can also manage your storage and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- New! This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- New! This update improves the Microsoft Account experience in Settings. For example, you can manage OneDrive subscriptions and storage alerts.
- New! This update displays Xbox subscription details on the Accounts page in the Settings app. Xbox subscribers can also manage their subscriptions on that page. Users who are not subscribers can explore Xbox subscription options on the Accounts page.
- This update addresses an issue that affects some modern applications. This issue stops them from opening.
- This update addresses an issue that might occur when the Input Method Editor (IME) is active. Applications might stop responding when you use the mouse and keyboard at the same time.
- This update addresses an issue that stops the touch keyboard from opening.
- This update addresses an issue that stops you from searching for a file based on the file’s contents.
So, as you can read above, there are several new things, including subscription details on the Settings page, this has actually been discussed in the article: Microsoft Backports Windows 11 Features 22H2 To 21H2which was released yesterday at Build 22000.1515.
But what makes it different from Build 22000.1515, in Build Insider Release Preview 22000.1516, there are more improvements, including fixes urgent listed in the following changelog:
- This update addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe. It randomly stops you from signing in or signing out.
- This update addresses a resource conflict issue between two or more threads (known as a deadlock). This deadlock affects COM+ applications.
- This update addresses an issue that affects conhost.exe. It stops responding.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Domain Name System (DNS) suffix search list. When you configure it, the parent domain might be missing.
- This update adds support for long URL lengths of up to 8196 characters.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect FindWindow() or FindWindowEx(). They might return the wrong window handle.
- This update addresses an issue that damages memory. The issue occurs when you use certain HD audio controller hardware.
- This update addresses an issue that affects certain systems that have firmware Trusted Platform Modules. (TPM). This issue stops you from using AutoPilot to set up those systems.
- This update addresses an issue that affects printing in landscape mode in Microsoft Edge. The printout is incorrect. This issue occurs when you use Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
- This update addresses an issue that stops explorer.exe from responding. This issue occurs when you use the play and pause buttons on your keyboard on certain devices.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Windows Server 2022 domain controllers. They stop responding when they manage Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) requests.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Resilient File System (ReFS) MSba tag. The issue causes a nonpaged pool leak.
- This update addresses an issue that affects ReFS. The issue causes high nonpaged pool usage, which depletes system memory.
So, guys, for you Windows Insider Release Preview users who use Windows 11 21H2, you can just download this KB5019274 update via the page Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates, then download the KB5019274 update available there.