Shopee PayLater, developed by Shopee E-commerce, has many benefits: pay bills and shop with the buy now pay later system. This benefit makes many people use this feature because it is very convenient, especially if there is an urgent need but no money. Of course, the PayLater post-pay system has a maturity period and penalties for late payments.
Want to try out the features but have a PayLater account but still confused about how to use it? Looks like this reading is for you!
Here’s how to use Shopee PayLater to make purchases and payment methods.
Shopee PayLater at a glance
Shopee PayLater (SPayLater) is an installment or installment payment service developed by Shopee with a trademark slogan of ‘buy now, pay later’. In short, SPayLater can be said to be a feature of online debt with certain limits. The system is more or less similar. with the use of credit cards But it is easier and the activation conditions do not require a large number of files.
An example of using PayLater to make purchases on Shopee E-commerce, for example, you want to buy a kitchenware set for Rs.1,000,000, but money is not currently available. So you opted for the installments feature with Shopee PayLater, so you can pay for your purchases next month when you have money. Of course, there is a maturity date that must be repaid in order not to be subject to interest adjustments.
Don’t worry about using the debt feature because it is absolutely regulated by the Financial Services Authority (OJK). The terms and how to use it are very simple. As long as the account is verified and has identity card. You can try activating it normally on Shopee PayLater There are also many bonuses, discounts and even the opportunity to enjoy free shipping. This made many people interested in enabling the installments feature.
SPayLater as an application payer The best thing is that it sounds very attractive as you can buy items without having to pay right away. But you should be careful. Because if the payment is late, you will have to pay the interest penalty. use wisely Then when you want to buy something Also make sure that you can pay in installments and pay all your bills before they are due.
Shopee PayLater can only be used by selected users. There are a number of conditions that must be met before one can choose to become a debt qualification user.
- Shopee account has been registered and verified for at least 3 months.
- Accounts are often used for various transactions. in ecommerce
- Update the app to the latest version.
- Has a valid household registration namely KTP
If all conditions are met except ID You should undo first to open the Shopee PayLater feature. You are not permitted to use your ID card and other personal information owned by others or your parents. Because later, the accuracy of the information will be checked by taking a selfie with an ID card.
Do you meet all requirements? continue Activate Shopee PayLater by following the steps below
- Go to the main page of the Shopee app, select My menu, then select SPayLater.
- Continue by clicking Activate now to start using the installment or debt feature.
- Next, continue to verify the OTP code sent by SMS. Make sure your mobile number is active. In order for you to be able to obtain an OTP, do not tell others to prevent misuse of the information.
- Click Verify OTP, then complete and correct personal information as stated in your National Identity Card (KTP).
- Upload a clear photo of your ID card. Then upload a selfie with your ID again. Make sure the image is not blurry or cracked. to make the system easier to detect.
- next face check Choose a bright or well-lit place. Then adjust it to the frame shown on the screen.
- Done. If the SPayLater application is approved, Shopee will send a pop-up notifying that the submission was successful and the account is ready to be used for various transactions.
Once you have successfully applied for Shopee PayLater, you will be notified of the installment limit that can be applied to the transaction. Usually when you use the service for the first time The limit is still low and if you use it often The small value gradually increased.
How to use Shopee PayLater for shopping
The reason why many people started using SPayLater for shopping is because of the many interesting things it has to offer. From free shipping, discount prices, bonus coins, and so on, you still need to be smart in order not to be misused or unable to pay.
So how to use Shopee PayLater for shopping? Find out how to use it below and enjoy tons of bonuses!
- Find the product you want Make sure you look for products that can be paid in installments before they are due. Avoid buying overpriced items that you can actually pay in installments, as these can cause you a lot of trouble later on in the future.
- Click the cart icon. Then select/write order details. If you haven’t entered your home address yet, do so first (you can go directly when you want). check out, can also go to settings menu ‘me’)
- In the payment method options, select Shopee PayLater as the payment method.
- Set a repayment period, such as 2, 3 or 6 times. We recommend that you choose an age that suits your ability to pay. You can calculate the billing period per period.
- Double check the order to avoid errors. Don’t forget to include the promo code if you have one.
- Pay the order and enter your ShopeePay password.
- Done. Wait for the order to arrive at the address.
Transactions via SPayLater are subject to a 1% fee per transaction. Then the payment due date will be as follows:
- 25th day of every month but can pay no later than the 1st day of the following month
- 1st of every month, but can pay no later than the 11th of the month
- 11th day of every month but payable no later than 25th of the month
How to pay Shopee PayLater Bills
Choosing a payment method using Shopee PayLater means you must be ready to pay monthly installments. Confused about how to use Shopee PayLater to pay for groceries? Follow the steps here
- Go to My Menu in the Shopee application, then click the Shopee PayLater option.
- Select ‘My Bills’
- Select the bill you want to pay, then click ‘Pay your installment now’.
- Choose the payment method you want to use: ShopeePay, Indomaret virtual account.
- Done. Bill has been paid.
Payment should be made before the due date to avoid penalty from Shopee of up to 5% of the total installment payment. In addition to the 5% interest penalty, there are other penalties such as:
- suspend account
- Limitation of coupons and discounts
- History detected in SLIK (Financial Information Services System) at the Financial Services Authority (OJK).
- Direct billing by SPayLater
From information on how to use Shopee PayLater to shop. Use it wisely and adjust according to your abilities. Pay by the due date