The consulting business will no longer be a secret in the world of economy, investment and finance. The reason is that this business is absolutely necessary. Because not everyone understands the technical side of their business.
In this article, the author will discuss the work of 3 types of consulting businesses that are synonymous with business: International Trade Advisory (trade advisor), investment advisor (investment advisor) and trading advisor (trade advisor).
One of the challenges of international trade (exports, imports) is adapting to the economic and business conditions of each country. Because each country has its own currency, laws, tastes and business conditions.
For example, exports of movies that contain certain violent or adult scenes may be censored in other countries. But not in Indonesia. Another example is when you want to export goods to Australia or Malaysia. You will definitely pay different import duties. It depends on the agreement between the Indonesian government and that country.
A trade advisor or international trade consultant is a person or company that helps clients solve these problems by providing analysis and advice. Analysis and recommendations are tailored to customer needs. So that clients can target the right international market share with the right strategy and timing.
This service is especially important for governments or companies. In considering export policies and strategies, this service is typically provided by leading consulting firms such as Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
An investment adviser is a person or company that provides investment advisory services. The services they provide often include analyzing the client’s finances. Provide investment advice to clients based on financial conditions as well as following up on customer investment portfolios
Investment consultants can either work independently (one-on-one) or work under an umbrella organization. They also serve both individual and corporate clients.
However, regardless of the services they provide or customer service. It is important for investment advisors to have an educational background and work experience in finance. even if it is necessary to have a certificate Certified Financial Planner (CFP)The goal is to let potential customers know that the service provided by the person or company is reliable.
In addition, this knowledge and skills are required to analyze the financials of a client’s company. and understand customer needs Therefore, the results of analysis and strategies are tailored to the needs of each client.
Type of investment advisor
- registered agent : This type of investment advisor usually works under a bank, insurance company, or other financial institution. His desk not only provides clients with analysis and advice. but also sells products from related companies to them. This is important to know. Usually the size of their salary for this job depends on the amount of commission they earn from selling the company’s products.
- financial planner : This advisor often visits clients with the aim of financial restructuring. Either for investment purposes or to solve other financial problems. in general Financial planners must hold a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) certification.
- financial advisor : Investment advisors are only responsible for providing personalized financial advice. Their income is usually in the form of a percentage of the client’s total income.
- money manager : Money managers are parties that make investments on behalf of their clients or clients. A money manager is generally a business entity, such as an asset management firm.investment management), company hedge fundand so on
Tips for choosing an investment advisor
The goal of investing is to make a profit. Therefore, you cannot choose an investment adviser randomly. Here are some things you should pay attention to when selecting the people or companies involved in this service:
- their background and works. As mentioned above Education and experience are important factors to consider when selecting an investment advisor. Even those with an educational background and experience in the financial industry can provide unremarkable advice. Especially those who have no background in this field. Isn’t it?
- Type of investment advisor. It is important that you be able to identify the type of advisor you are dealing with. Because as mentioned above, every investment advisor has different goals and goals.
- Service charge and warranty. The service fee is the money paid by the client to the relevant investment adviser. So you should consider this carefully. This is because every investment firm or advisor has different service packages and costs.
Although they have similar names to the first point above. But a trading advisor is different from a trading advisor. A trading advisor is a department that provides analysis and advisory services for short-term trading of financial instruments such as stocks, forex, commodities or CFDs.
This service came about because many parties wanted it, whether it was a small trader who wanted to trade but didn’t have enough analytical skills. or institutional traders who actively trade the above instruments. In addition to the salary received by consultants who attend the institute Revenue from providing this professional service is derived from commissions from clients.
Although you can hire the services of this consultant. But you should know the basics of trading and the instruments you have. The goal is that you will not fall into the trap of buying an instrument just because of “advice” from a fake trading advisor.
In addition to being based on trading and investing. You should still be careful when choosing a trading advisory firm. First check the background and history of the company and the “consultants” serving you. Make sure the company doesn’t just use technical terms to sound smart. but also a guarantee of reliability.
One of the challenges in choosing a trading consulting firm is the lack of information about the company. This is in contrast to foreign trade and investment advisory services provided by generally well-known firms. Many commercial consulting firms remain unlicensed.