This week, there is a new build for Windows Insider Dev Channel users, where the build that is presented is Build 25236 which is quite interesting for us to discuss, because there is one interesting improvement on search shortcut on the Windows 11 Taskbar.
“To improve the value of Search shortcuts and reduce friction in the broader Windows Search experience, we are trying out different ways to provide tips on how to use Windows Search via the taskbar. Only some English-speaking Windows Insiders in the US will see this. If you do, be sure to give us feedback on what you think in Feedback Hub.” Write Microsoft.
Now that change is an improvement to the Windows Search experience, where Microsoft will provide a number of different options for how Windows Search on the Taskbar works.
As in the picture above, search later can display a number of options that the user can choose. But, unfortunately this feature is still very limited for Windows Insider users in the US only.
Then besides that, is there anything else?, of course there is, where in this build, there are a number of fixes and improvements that are presented, where the most prominent improvement is fish file explorer which suddenly appears on the Taskbar when hidden icon flyout user open.
This problem certainly makes Windows 11 Insider Build 25231 look a little messy yesterday when users try to open the hidden flyout icon on the Taskbar.
Well besides that, there are a number of other fixes and improvements which include the following:
- We fixed the issue causing natural voices such as Guy or Jenny to not speak in Narrator.
- Fixed an issue where if you opened the hidden icons flyout, it caused a File Explorer entry for it to appear in the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the taskbar previews to freeze or show as blank and not open when using Windows key + (#) key commands to try and switch between windows.
- The show hidden icons flyout in the system tray should now responsively resize with changes again to prevent empty spaces and columns.
- Fixed multiple issues related to the taskbar which were impacting explorer.exe reliability.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the volume icon in the system tray to incorrectly show as muted.
- Fixed a GDI handle leak related to updating the notification center icon in the taskbar, which would eventually lead to an explorer.exe crash for people who received a large number of notifications.
- Narrator will now announce the pinned and unpinned status of apps in the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue which was making File Explorer crash when closing tabs for some people.
- Made another fix for an issue which could cause errant divider lines in File Explorer’s navigation pane.
- Made a change to hide the battery graph on the Power & Battery page if a UPS is connected, as the capacity information it displayed in that case wasn’t correct.
- If you don’t have a kiosk set up, we’ve now updated the text on Accounts > Other Users > Kiosk to make it clearer you need to do that, so it doesn’t appear to be a dead end.
- Fixed an issue where if you went into the properties for an audio device, this could make it unexpectedly show in the output devices list on System > Sound although it was actually an input device.
- In the accessibility settings for color filters, the inverted option should work correctly again now and not just set your PC to grayscale colors.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to see a bugcheck with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in recent builds.
Now for you Windows Insider Dev Channel users, you can just update your Windows 11 through the page Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates > then download Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25236.
Via : Microsoft
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown