Apart from updating the Windows 11 Insider Dev Channel to Build 25290, Microsoft has also updated their Microsoft PowerToys application to version 0.67.0, in which a number of features are presented and one of them is the Quick Access System Tray Launcher.
This new feature has actually been introduced since months December 2022 then, where with this feature users can more easily access a number of features within the Microsoft PowerToys itself.
The appearance itself is more or less like the picture above, where users can access this Quick Access via the System Tray in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
In addition to these features, there are also a number of other changes including turn it off option Keep screen on in PowerToys Awake, and a number of other things which you can see in the following changelog.
- Added an option for PowerToys Run to tab through results instead of context buttons. Thanks @maws6502!
- All PowerToys registry entries are moved from machine scope (HKLM) to user scope (HKCU).
- Quick access system tray launcher. Thanks @niels9001!
- Disable instead of hiding “Keep screen on” option.
- Refactored and improved code quality.
File explorer add-ons
- Fixed escaping HTML-sensitive characters when previewing developer files. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Improved code quality around a silent crash that was being reported to Microsoft servers.
- Add option to tab through results only. Thanks @maws6502!
- System plugin – Updated Recycle Bin command to allow opening the Recycle Bin. Thanks @htcfreek!
- System plugin – Improved Recycle Bin command to not block PT Run while the deletion is running. Thanks @htcfreek!
- System plugin – Small other changes to improve the usability of the Recycle Bin command. Thanks @htcfreek!
- WindowWalker plugin – Show all open windows with action keyword. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Fixed URL click crash on the “What’s New” screen.
- Added quick access system tray launcher. Thanks @niels9001!
- Verify notice.md file and used NuGet packages are synced.
- Turned on C++ code analysis and incrementally fixing warnings.
- Automatically add list of .NET Runtime deps to Installer during build. Thanks @snickler!
- Move all installer registry entries to HKCU.
- Refactor installer – extract module related stuff from Product.wxs to per-module .wxs file.
- Enhance ARM64 build configuration verification. Thanks @snickler!
- Helped identify a WebView2 issue affecting PowerToys File explorer add-ons, which have been fixed upstream and released as an update through the usual Windows Update channels.
Now for you PowerToys users, you can get this new version via the page Settings > General > Check for Updates, or you can download the installer from the page Microsoft Store, GitHub or by order winget.