Apart from releasing Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 25193Microsoft some time ago released an update KB5017846 for Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel users, where this update will change the OS Build to 22621,590 & 22622,590.
Now in this build, there are improvements that are presented, one of which is an improvement on the control panel which cannot be opened from the Start Menu and besides, Control Panel Without Address Bar in Windows 11 22H2 yesterday it was still a question whether it was a feature or a bug but now it is clear that it is a bug and has been fixed in this new build.
Well besides that there are several other improvements that are presented in this Build which include the following.
Custom Changelog Build 22622,590
- We fixed the issue causing Control Panel to not launch from the Start menu, Search or if pinned to the taskbar in the previous flight.
- As a result of feedback from Windows Insiders, we have disabled the ability to share a local file directly to OneDrive using the built-in Windows share window that first began rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel with Build 22622.436. We hope to bring this feature back in the future after further refinement of the experience. As we’ve mentioned previously, features we try out in the Dev or Beta Channels may not always ship.
- Fixed an issue causing a small percentage of Insiders to experience repeated explorer.exe crashes after trying to access certain folders on their systems in the previous Beta Channel build.
- As a one-time change to help people find their folders with the navigation pane updates, if the default folders pinned to File Explorer’s navigation pane had been unpinned, they will be re-pinned after upgrading.
- Fixed a recent issue where if File Explorer was open when you switched between light and dark mode, you could end up with some unreadable text / UI showing the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where the New / Sort / View / etc buttons in the command bar could become noticeably clipped vertically after increasing your text scaling in Accessibility Settings.
- The search box background should no longer unexpectedly have a dark background sometimes when you’re using light mode.
- If you move keyboard focus to the tab row (using F6), pressing the arrow keys to move keyboard focus within the row will now include setting focus to the close button within the tab.
- If File Explorer is maximized and the taskbar is set to autohide, hovering your mouse on the bottom of the screen should now actually bring up the taskbar.
- Fixed a memory leak which was happening when closing File Explorer windows.
- Fixed a GDI objects leak when resizing the navigation pane in File Explorer, which could potentially lead to content in File Explorer not rendering correctly over time for Insiders who resized the navigation pane frequently.
- The taskbar overflow flyout should now follow your accent color like the rest of the taskbar does when “Show accent color on Start and taskbar” is enabled under Settings > Personalization > Colors.
- The apps in the taskbar overflow flyout should now be in the correct order when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- When the taskbar is center aligned and full, the widgets entry point will now collapse to a shorter width to give you a little more room on the taskbar.
- Fixed a couple of issues related to the taskbar overflow which could lead to sporadic
General Changelog, Good Build 22621,590 & 22622,590
- We fixed an issue that affects cldflt.sys. A bugcheck occurs when it is used with Microsoft OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue that affects robocopy. Robocopy fails to set a file to the right modified time when using the /IS
- We’re looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders in recent Beta Channel builds.
- [NEW We’re investigating reports that a small set of Insiders with “launch folder windows in a separate process” are unable to open File Explorer after last week’s flight. This issue is unrelated to the issue with accessing certain folders in the same flight, which is fixed in this week’s flight.
- [NEW] We’re working on the fix for an issue where command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
Well if you encountered a number of problems yesterday such as control panel can’t open, and other problems, it’s a good idea to update your Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel to this latest build, guys.
You can directly download this update via the page Settings > Windows Update > Check for Updates, then please download Update KB5017846 available there.
Via : Microsoft
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown