Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers made by Microsoft. This browser comes with some unique features that you won’t find in other web browsers, such as Math Solver, Vertical Tab, and others.
If you are a Microsoft Edge user, you probably know that Edge allows you to save passwords for your favorite websites, just like any other web. However, some user reported that Edge keeps deleting saved passwords. Whenever they close Edge, the saved passwords will be deleted automatically.
If you experience this problem, WinPoin will provide a solution that is expected to help you solve the problem:
1. Update Microsoft Edge
The first thing you should do is make sure Microsoft Edge is on the latest version. This is because the new version will contain several new features as well as bug fixes reported by users.
This problem might appear due to a bug in Microsoft Edge in certain versions, so please do the update first by following the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the “more” option, the icon with three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings or you can open the URL edge://settings in a new tab.
- Select About Microsoft Edge at the very bottom of the left pane.
- After that, Microsoft Edge will start checking for updates automatically.
2. Check the clear browsing data settings
In Microsoft Edge, you can choose what to delete each time you close Microsoft Edge. So, please make sure again whether you have changed the option to delete browsing data, especially the Password section or not. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click “more” which is the icon with three dots in the upper right corner and then select Settings.
- Choose Privacy, search, and services from the left panel.
- Scroll down until you find the option Clear browsing data.
- Click option Choose what to clear every time you close the browser.
- In section Passwords, see if the option is active or not. If it is active, please turn it off and restart Microsoft Edge
3. Reset Microsoft Edge settings to default
If Microsoft Edge isn’t working as expected or if you’re starting to experience certain issues, reset Microsoft Edge Settings to default should fix the problem. After resetting, the start page, new tabs, search engine, and pinned tabs will be reset as well.
It will also delete temporary browser data such as cache and cookies, but your bookmarks will not be deleted as well.
4. Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Edge
If the above methods don’t work, then the only way is to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Edge. For how, you can visit the page following.
Why does this problem occur?
This issue generally occurs due to incorrect privacy settings in Microsoft Edge — just like the problem in No. 2. Most likely the user enabled the option to delete password when closing Microsoft Edge by accident. So, all your saved passwords will be lost when you exit or close Microsoft Edge.
Hope it’s useful
Please wait 180 seconds or 3 minutes, the secret code will immediately appear under the countdown