A few days ago, Qualcomm proudly introduced their flagship chip i.e Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 and Snapdragon 7 Gen 1. Fortunately, it doesn’t take us long to find out which devices will use the chip. For those of you who are curious, here are the details:
Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- Lei Jun, who is the CEO of Xiaomi announced via Twitter that their next flagship will be powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1. Furthermore, Lei Jun stated that Xiaomi will continue to work closely with Qualcomm in order to produce the best products. Unfortunately, there are no details on what device Lei Jun is referring to here, but rumors say that Lei Jun is talking about the Xiaomi 12 Ultra.
- OSOM is not a new player in the realm smartphonebecause most of the OSOM team consists of former members of Essential — now brand and its intellectual property is already owned by Nothing. However, that doesn’t mean they can’t create smartphone themselves, because OSOM has confirmed that it will release the OV1 using the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC.
- OnePlus certainly doesn’t want to be left behind and in no time, they announced on their Weibo account that OnePlus will use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Soc chip. In addition, OnePlus has also informed that this device will be launched in Q3 2022 and rumors say that the device in question is the OnePlus 10 Ultra.
- Not only OnePlus, Motorola has also announced that they will use Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 through their Weibo account. Unfortunately, there isn’t much information related to the device, but the company is rumored to have provided codename the device as the Moto Frontier.
- Realme is another company that announced the use of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC via its Weibo account. In a new post, the company stated that they have something in the works and most likely the device is the Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition.
- The most obvious is of course ASUS, via Twitter ASUS explained that their next gaming phone, the ROG Phone 6 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip. There are no further details regarding the launch of the device, but if there is new information later, DroidPoin will definitely deliver it to you soon
Snapdragon 7 Gen 1
- For now there is only one device that has been confirmed to use the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chip and that is the OPPO Reno8 which was just unveiled a while ago.