Almost all investment products are taxed. However, one thing investors often ask is: Are the income and sales of mutual funds taxable? A question like this makes sense considering that income from deposits is taxed at 20%.
Here is the full description.
Mutual funds are not included in the tax object.
different from Stocks subject to income tax 0.1% of total sales Mutual funds are not tax objects.This makes mutual funds the only investment tool that is tax-free.
The legal basis is Law No. 46 of 2008 on Income Tax (PPh), Article 4, paragraph 3, point (i). The law more or less reads:
Excluded for tax purposes is the portion of profits received or received by members of a limited company whose capital is not divided into shares, partnerships, associations, corporations, and joint ventures. including unitholders participating in the joint investment contract .
However, the total income and all investments of mutual funds are required to file an annual tax return (SPT) because mutual funds and wealth total income. So still have to report.
How to File an Annual Tax Return for Mutual Funds
In Mutual Fund Tax Reporting What you need to report is your exact income (not floating profit) and the total assets received from your mutual fund. For example, take a look at the following picture:
In the figure, what you need to report are the two data below: Realized Profits in 2021 and Portfolio as of December 31, 2021. For those with profits you have to put in the Unexpected Income section. Taxed while for contributions as of December 31, 2021 you can access the eligibility section.
So if you have mutual funds but don’t sell them at all. You don’t need to fill in the Income column and just fill in the Assets section. This also applies in case your mutual fund investment loses money.
in seed appYou can download information about the benefits in the Electronic Statements section.
- Open the profile menu.
- Select electronic messages
- Enter PIN
- Determine the tax payment year
- Click Send to email.
- Open your email inbox.
- Download the linked document
- You will see a document that looks like the image above. See the section below to find the realized profit and total assets in the form of mutual funds at the end of the tax period.
SPT reporting for mutual funds can be done online or offline. for offline You can go to the nearest revenue office and Complete an individual annual tax return form.or form number 1770 in section 1770-III. You can enter income. (realized profit) into the column for other non-taxable income. then for treasure You can fill in 1770 – IV in the Treasures section at the end of the year.
For online SPT reporting, the steps are as follows:
- Open DGT Online.
- Enter NIK/NPWP, Password and Captcha.
- Click Login
- Select the E-Filing menu.
- fill in the instructions
- Fill in the columns correctly up to the column. “Do you have income that is not included in the Tax Object?”
- choose yes
- Enter the amount of profit realized above in the column. “Other income not included in the Tax Object”
- Select yes in the section “Do you own the property?”
- Click Add.
- Fill out the new asset form correctly:
- In the content property code of 036
- The name of the property is full of mutual funds.
- The acquisition price is filled with the total amount of your mutual fund at the end of the tax year.
- Mutual Fund Trading Company Information Column
- Make sure the information is correct.
- Click Save.
- Continue filling in the SPT with other property information.
Mutual funds are tax-free investment instruments. However, wealth and income from this instrument still need to be reported on the annual tax return (SPT). Mutual fund income is reported in the non-tax income segment. while assets are reported in the Assets section.